Slovenian Association of Friends of Youth (referred to as SAFY) is a voluntary, national association of societies of friends of youth, its inter-society forms of integration and other non-profit, non-governmental organisations working for the benefit of children, young people and families.
SAFY is a non-governmental, independent, voluntary and non-profit organisation/association, working in the public interest. SAFY is also a humanitarian organisation working as a general, charitable organisation mostly in the area of social security.
- to promote and implement the convention on the rights of the child,
- to raise the quality of children, youth and family life,
- to reduce social exclusion of children, youth and families,
- to give opportunities to experience active spare time,
- to motivate individuals and organizations to positive statements about children, youth and families,
- to promote voluntary work,
- to develop and support cooperation with non-governmental associations in Slovenia and abroad,
- to help children and young people to create positive self-image
- to form positive attitudes and values to life